Wednesday, December 25, 2013
It's the most wonderful time of the year
Merry Christmas y'all!
Christmas is my second favourite festival of all (after Chinese New Year. Of course). It's just that, the concept of family members coming together to spend quality time, while celebrating the act of giving and spreading love really appeals to me. Or maybe, it's simply the festive colours, the big fat bows and the Christmas carols that got me excited about Christmas. All and all, I love everything about Christmas.
When I was a kid, I used to fantasise about spending white Christmas at the other side of the world where there's snow. It's something I couldn't fathom as a young child who'd never left Malaysia before. So, informed by the stories narrated in all the Christmas movies I used to watch, I had come to see Christmas as whimsical and magical. That being said, I have never believed in Santa but I enjoy the idea of having someone who would fulfil your wishes, while all he ever asked for is for you to be good and happy.
But the thing about spending Christmas in Australia is that, it's summer in December. Then, nothing is opened for business on Christmas day so I often spend the day staying at home to be merry and wise. heh. As a result of that, spending Christmas in Melbourne has come to mean appreciating the quiet, peaceful time for me to reflect and listen to what my heart has to say.
It's a time when I get to tune out the noise in my head and banish the negativity. It's a time when I am overwhelmed with gratitude, for all the love and gifts I'm blessed with. It's a time when I can feel the warmth and joy emanated from within my heart. It's a time to remind myself to let go of all the regrets and disappointments that had happened in the past. And it's a time to clear out the useless garbage and make room for the good things yet to come next year. It's a time to rejoice in the giving and receiving spirit.
Most importantly, Christmas is a time to practice loving and be loved. It's the most wonderful time of the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
2014 Christmas is so near. It is really the wonderful time of the year. Give love on Christmas day as the song says.
Post a Comment