What else do I do to find inspiration for my life in hopes to find me again?
Instinctually, I turn to other everyday ordinary people just like myself. So I started reading, from memoirs to short stories and articles (I am more drawn to non-fiction). I've started volunteering my time to engage in activities where I get to meet a lot of new people from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds. And once awhile, I will stumble upon beautifully made videos on youtube that feature real people like you and me.
I came across the following video embedded in a post written by Richard Branson, which touched me deeply.
What I have come to realise is that, everyone has a story to tell. Every has a voice. Everyone has a role to play. Everyone has their own life to live in this world. And in every story, we can find something that we could identify with, which reminds us that we are not all that different after all. Might it be the excitement of receiving your first job offer, the anxiety of the "wait" before the hiring manager respond to you or the glee of knowing in your heart, you've found your dream job… these are the experiences most people would have gone through in life. We know exactly how it feels to be rejected and we know how it feels when we become good at what we do. That's what our humanity is about.
Just like the people in the video, I too once cried in the bathroom at work. I also once thought to myself, I wanted some deep meaning in what I do. I also once looked at my manager at my workplace and knew for sure that I didn't want to be where I was and I didn't want to be the person whom the nature of the work would turn me into.
The great big lesson that I find truly important is that, everyone has their own losses and triumphs. Everyone has their moments of success and failure. So, I keep telling myself that, when I have come to a crossroad in life, there's no right turn or wrong turn, but as long as I am making decisions based on integrity, honesty and truth, I have no fear.
Me being me, I will keep seeking, keep learning and I will never give up until I find that pot of gold I'm looking for.
No comments:
Post a Comment